Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Not "What Else?"

Continuing my earlier post on "The Power of "What Else?"", I was wondering about why people will not think of "what else?" There could be several reasons, and I want to suggest that almost all of them are superficial reasons. Deeper - and perhaps the true - ones will be one or a combination of these:


resignation


cynicism


skeptisism


avoiding looking bad


looking good


lack of commitment


lack of passion


lack of authenticity



We will come up with the question "what else?" and may be a plethora of answers when we are authentically committed to the result/s of the actions we need to take. When we constitute ourselves as "No matter what, I will produce the result/s," we will come up with alternatives other than giving up! I invite readers to read an amazing paper on "Managing Breakthroughs in Productivity" available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=655822 in which the role of authentic commitment in dealing with breakdowns is discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment